What is PPC?
PPC also known as Pay-Per-Click or Cost-Per-Click is a form of advertising in which the advertiser pays each time someone clicks on their ad.
Even though PPC can be an effective way of attracting potential customers and targeted traffic to your website, it can be rather costly if set up and managed incorrectly. Creating the initial ad is easy but maximising your return on investment is not!
This is where we at Lilac James can help – our experienced PPC team are all individually Google accredited and really know their stuff.
Our personalised Adwords services are completely tailored to your needs – we treat your business as if it was our own providing you with first class PPC set up and management.
What are the Benefits of PPC?
- Effective PPC can bring you many benefits including:
- Flexibility – you can change your keywords, campaigns and ads at any time as well as pausing or switching them off completely
- Immediate influx of traffic – you often have to wait months to see the true effect of on page optimisation but with PPC we regularly see instant results. Once your campaign is live, you can expect to see an increase in website traffic within hours.
- Fast Targeting – PPC is a lot quicker than other forms of advertising as it only take a few seconds for potential customers to see your ad, click on it and visit your site.
- Cost Control – you can manage your daily budget so that you only spend as little or as much as you would like per day.
- Easily Track Performance – you can continually look at the performance of your keywords, ads and campaigns within your account allowing you to make quick changes if something is not quite right. You can also use the report functionality to track your performance over time.
- Return on Investment – PPC offers instant return on investment. If you run a campaign attracting potential customers to your ecommerce site, you can easily measure when someone clicks on the ad and makes a purchase – allowing you to measure the true value of PPC.
How can the Lilac James PPC Agency help you?
The benefit of Adwords is that it provides you with instant results, immediate traffic, enquiries and sales. It is also a very useful tool when testing keywords, landing pages and campaign messages.
If you are launching a new website it will take months for Google to recognise it within the organic search results (if then!). Adwords PPC provides a short term fix which can go onto shape the design and content elements of your platform for maximum conversion.
If you are interested in our organic SEO we are likely therefore to recommend a PPC campaign to get you started. Take a look at our Organic SEO page for more information.
Our process not only includes the setting up of your PPC account and campaigns, but frequent monitoring, monthly management and marketing advice too. We start the process with extensive keyword research allowing us to understand exactly what it is your customers search for when looking for you and your product/services.
Keywords effect the true success of your PPC campaign – if you select the wrong keywords, keyword strategy or forget to include negative keywords, you open your campaign up to wasted budget expenditure. For example, a broad match keyword of ‘couples holidays’ tells Google to show your ads whenever someone searches for anything including ‘couples holidays’ such as ‘couples holidays in France’. If you don’t offer France as a location, it would be a waste of your budget for your advert to appear here.
Based on the keyword research our qualified staff then write your campaigns ads using their creative and unique content writing skills, optimising them with the chosen keywords, call to actions and information that will add value. They will utilise all Google elements that will enhance your ad on the search page, making you stand out to your potential customers in comparison to your competitors.
There are a few different types of ads that you can choose from depending on your products and services, and where you want your ads to appear.
For example, if your ‘couples holidays’ are hugely discounted for the January sales, you may wish to choose a text ad which appears in both the search network (Google’s Search Engine) and display network (Google’s Partnership sites) during this time.
As mentioned above, whatever decision you make now can be changed in the future, if you decide you no longer want to show your ads on the display network, or you no longer want to use a specific ad – we can adjust your campaign immediately.
Our team will also look at your website and the landing pages that your ads will point to. Google ranks your ad against your competitors by using a few measures including your bid strategy and quality score. In order to have the best quality score possible, the landing page chosen must be the most relevant page possible.
Our PPC experts scan your website for these offering you advice and recommendations on how they should be optimised for your ad campaign – they may even recommend creating a few new pages, all of which we can help you with.
Once everything is completed they will ask for your approval, making sure you are completely happy with the ads that have been written, the landing pages that have been chosen or created, and the overall campaign itself. They will also explain the goal conversions that have been set up within Google Analytics. These conversions measure a range of actions that customers take on your website, giving you complete transparency for your return on investment.
As soon as your campaign is live, our Cambridge based team will then continue to monitor your campaign, continually adding negative keywords, adjusting your ads and bids allowing you to get the results you want. They will also provide you with monthly reports so you know exactly how they are performing and what impact your campaign is having on your sales and profit.
Unsure about what you want or need? Check out our 5 star Google reviews or take a look at our Case Studies page. Ask us for a FREE SEO health check – this will tell you where you are currently and what our SEO & PPC Agency experts recommend in your case.